The Committee on Lesbian and Gay History was founded in 1979 to promote the study of homosexuality in the past and present by facilitating communication among scholars in a variety of disciplines working on a variety of cultures. The name of the committee was changed to Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender History in January 2009. Since 1982, the Committee has been officially recognized as an affiliate of the American Historical Association and meets annually in conjunction with the AHA conference, where we sponsor sessions on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer history. One need not be a member of the AHA to join the Committee.
On this website, you’ll find:
- Newsletter: Archives of the Committee’s newsletter from 2005 to the present.
- Prizes: The Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender History awards five prizes for outstanding work in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual, and queer history. This page describes those prizes and lists past winners and citations.
- Syllabi: A collection of recently taught courses by members of the Committee on LGBT History
- CLGBTH In Action: Includes a listing of recent publications by members, a database of dissertations in LGBT history, reports by the Committee, and programs of past annual meetings and other information regarding the activities of the CLGBTH.
- Contact Us: Our current contact information.
Co-Chairs: Julio Capó, Jr., University of Massachusetts Amherst and Emily K. Hobson, University of Nevada Reno (2018-2020)
Newsletter Editor: Dan Royles, Florida International University
Book Review Editor: April Haynes, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Secretary-Treasurer: Emily Skidmore, Texas Tech University
Website and Online Operations Manager: Andrew Israel Ross, University of Southern Mississippi
Katie Batza, University of Kansas (2018-2020)
Chelsea del Rio, CUNY LaGuardia (2018-2020)
Will Kuby, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (2018-2020)
Kirsten Leng, University of Massachusetts, Amherst (2016-2018)
Victor Macías-González, University of Wisconsin LaCross (2018-2020)
Dan Royles, Florida International University (2018-2020)
Amy Sueyoshi, San Francisco State University (2016-2018)
Stephen Vider, Bryn Mawr College (2016-2018)
Last Updated: 15 January 2017